Theatreworks Live, Inc. is a non-profit childrens’ musical theater program in Harford County Maryland.
Our company focuses on creating confidence, creativity and character through theatre for youth ages 5-18.
We operate exclusively for educational and charitable purposes, including for the general purposes of
- promoting the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and community;
- providing or facilitating the education for youth in the theatrical arts in a creative atmosphere with the aim of developing technical, artistic, instructive, and administrative skills;
- maintaining a vital education program offering opportunities through instruction and performances;
- working to explore each individual’s imagination, increase students’ sensitivity to their environment, and help build human understanding and interaction; and
- teaching the importance of working as a group to reach a common goal
We typically have Fall and winter classes and a summer workshop where we teach theatre fundamentals and provide performance experience. We also have an annual full production show.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Cathy Koncurat: Executive Director (President), BA in Music Education, 20+ years of teaching experience in music and early childhood, 8 years as a Theatreworks Live Instructor. Responsible for Planning and Artistic Decisions.
- Mark Koncurat: Executive Director (Vice President/Treasurer), BS, Information Technology, MBA, IT Director. Responsible for information management, marketing, finances and theatre tech.
Theatreworks Live maintains an advisory board for purposes future planning and evaluations. Members have been selected for their experience in musical theatre, education, youth leadership and business administration.