About Theatreworks Live
Celebrating our 35th Anniversary Season!
Theatreworks Live, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to using theatre as a medium to cultivate confidence, creativity, and character in youth ages 5-18. We value diversity and prioritize the well-being of children above all else. Located in Harford County, Maryland, our educational and charitable program aims to promote the well-being of children and youth in the home, school, and community. We provide a creative and supportive environment for young people from diverse backgrounds to develop technical, artistic, instructive, and administrative skills through instruction and performances. Our program also encourages students to tap into their imaginations, increase their awareness of their surroundings, and foster understanding and teamwork among their peers. Overall, our mission is to inspire and empower youth from all walks of life through the transformative power of theatre.
- Cathy Koncurat: Executive Director (President), BA in Music Education, 20+ years of teaching experience in music and early childhood, 8 years as a Theatreworks Live Instructor. Responsible for Planning and Artistic Decisions.
- Mark Koncurat: Executive Director (Vice President/Treasurer), BS, Information Technology, MBA, IT Director. Responsible for information management, marketing, finances and theatre tech.
- Amanda Beanblossom, BA in Sociology/Psychology. Montessori Early Childhood certification. Elementary teaching certificate. 10+ years teaching. Theatre participant and supporter; assisted in costuming, makeup and set building
- Philip A. Beanblossom, MBA. 20+ years experience in Sales/Management. Currently serving as the Data Center Sector Manager for a global Construction & Engineering firm
- Jason Sikora, BA Political Science (Eastern Europe), BA English Writing, Masters in Library Science, 18 years in education including teaching at The American School of Doha and The International School of Kuala Lumpur, Currently at Harford County Public Schools.
- Karisa Sikora, BS in K-12 Art Education; 15+ years classroom experience K-12, 6 years supporting local theater creating sets; Currently Personal Support with The Arc, Northern Chesapeake Region
- Patti Wade, Associate of Arts, Computer Programming, 25years project management experience, Avid theatre supporter and proud thespian mom.
- Greg Watt, Business Management Certificate, 5+ years experience building sets for local theater
- Sarah Watt, BA History, 20+ years teaching ballet and tap classes to 4-18 year olds and adults.
- Beverly Whaley, Associate of Arts Legal Studies, Paralegal. US Army Veteran, 10+ years of Events and Program Planning , 10+ years as an Administrative Professional for governments, 15 years with Theatreworks working front of the house (concessions &usher) and designing costumes for shows. Phoenix Festival Theater Manager
- Katie Weeks, AA in Early Childhood Education, BS in Early Childhood Education, MD Teaching Certified through grade 3, Experienced Kindergarten and Preschool teacher.
- Josh Weeks, 16 years as a High School Biology teacher, 13 years as a College Biology professor. Currently teaching Biology, AP Biology and Medical Interventions at Bel Air High School and serving as the Science Department Chair. Bachelors Degree in Organismal Biology, Towson University, Master of Arts in Teaching, Towson University, Masters in Biological Science- Clemson University
Theatreworks Live maintains an advisory board for purposes future planning and evaluations. Members have been selected for their experience in musical theatre, education, youth leadership and business administration.
Phone: (443) 585-0045Subscribe to our Email List