Since Cathy and I became executive directors of Theatreworks Live in 2018, we’ve been working very hard to elevate the theatre experience of our participants. We’ve pushed for better sound, set, light, costumes, etc. In addition, we’ve worked with outstanding youth in helping them increase their confidence in performing. We’ve provided great opportunities for kids in various classes and shows, including Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, A Chorus Line, Matilda, Seussical, Shrek, A Killer Party, Clue, A Year with Frog and Toad, Sleeping Beauty, Frozen, Honk, High School Musical, The Lightning Thief, Mary Poppins and other kid-friendly shows.
Now we feel it’s time we ELEVATE THE AUDIENCE and give them a better experience when watching our performances in the theatre. It’s straightforward; we are looking for enough funds to purchase a riser system for the audience to see from wherever you happen to have seats.
We are all about creating confidence, creativity and character in youth ages 5-18. We do this by:
- promoting the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and community;
- providing or facilitating the education for youth in the theatrical arts in a creative atmosphere with the aim of developing technical, artistic, instructive, and administrative skills;
- maintaining a vital education program offering opportunities through instruction and performances;
- working to explore each individual’s imagination, increase students’ sensitivity to their environment, and help build human understanding and interaction; and
- teaching the importance of working as a group to reach a common goal
Will you consider helping us feature youth better to our audiences?